If your are a senior QA Automation Engineer with the background and desire to step up to working on enterprise-level projects for our client FTSE 100 firm and global leader in its sector, we are looking for you!
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to develop, execute and maintain automated integration, visual, end-to-end tests to ensure product quality together with the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer’s manual testing experience of complex systems and software.
This role involves a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development, and quality assurance services for multiple applications providing services across the globe in online/offline conferences, learning courses and festivals. The focus of the role will be automating various tests for existing and new features of the applications.
- Analyse, review, verify, validate and test complex specifications, acceptance criteria, features, technical tasks.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Actively participate in all phases of testing in SDLC during the sprints and in all Scrum ceremonies (standups, plannings, refinements, retros) and QA team related meetings.
- Assist in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting methods are effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated
- Perform manual/exploratory testing where needed.
- Suggest solutions to identified product or process problems.
- Communicating with the QA Manager, PO and Dev Leads to triage the issues raised by you to prioritize the fixes.
- Follow and adhere to the best-practices of software test engineering, Agile methodology, QA practices and processes in the organization As an Automation QA Engineer.
- Design, develop, drive, execute, extend and maintain comprehensive scenarios, test plans, test suites, test cases, test scripts using open source and proprietary tools for new and existing products and own the deliverables of those activities such as test reports, test cases, coverage & quality of the code in the module/features you work on, and the quality of the product tested.
- Propose, improve and integrate automation solutions for QA, development and CI/CD processes.
- Work closely with developers to understand the product architecture and identifying, designing, or enhancing existing test frameworks.
- Coordinate automation efforts to improve team efficiency and align with product priorities.
- Mentoring other team members in improving. their test automation skills.
You should be:
- Proactive: you want to solve problems, experiment with new technologies but are pragmatic in implementation and weigh up options to come up with a plan to move forward.
- Experienced: we want you to be a person with good knowledge in related domains and willing to keep learning and improving with us to deliver highest quality products.
- Quick learner: your abilities include quick and proficient understanding, absorbing, and synthesizing of new information.
- Collaborative: your communication skills are great. You work well with team and stakeholders and care for results.
- Passionate: you have passion for testing software and test automation along with improving quality and constantly striving to make it all more consistent, efficient, and reliable.
- Motivated and with initiative: you understand project and quality goals, seek opportunities for improvement and drive yourself and others to bigger achievements.
Requirements – tech stack & experience
- 5+ years in QA positions.
- English – upper-intermediate+. You should have strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and stakeholders.
- Experience testing the full stack (FE/BE/Middleware), APIs and integrations with 3rd party services.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles and ability to implement them in code.
- Understanding of REST principles.
- Full understanding of test automation principles.
- Commercial experience with puppeteer-based frameworks.
- Experience testing REST APIs with Postman/Newman or a similar tool.
- Base knowledge to write queries in SQL/noSQL databases.
- Experience working with DevOps on CI/CD activities.
- Commercial experience with in-house test frameworks development.
- Commercial experience with estimation of test automation efforts and duration.
- Commercial experience with Page Object Model (POM) in tests.
- Commercial experience with Git.
- Experience working with Github, Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.), TestRail.
- Good understanding of Docker, Containers and Images.
- Base knowledge of AWS tools (Cognito, DynamoDB, S3, etc.).
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment.
- Understanding of and familiarity with multi service architecture.
- Full understanding of SDLC and QA concepts and methodologies and best practices.
- Attention to detail and following issues to resolution.
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivation and knowing when to seek guidance; detail-orientation is also a must.
- Planning and organization skills and experience.
- Process enhancement skills experience.
- Mentoring skills and experience.
- Experience collaborating and working with multiple teams.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to think outside the box and openness to learn new and improve existing skills.
Project tech stack – we are working with (but not limited to)
Your Objectives for your first 45 days
- Gain a solid understanding of the current state of the QA automation framework and be able to start working independently on assigned projects.
- Review, and gain application and testing knowledge on all business applications and integrations.
- Review, and gain an understanding of existing automation frameworks and application architecture.
- Work on projects independently and assist others if required in test activities and automation test development.
- Identify opportunities and the way to proceed with test automations in different areas.
Your objectives for your first 100 days
- Demonstrate your ability to take the lead on QA automation executions.
- Contribute to visual, integration, end-to-end automation tests development and CI/CD pipelines for tests.
- Become SME for automation tests development, their CI/CD pipelines and integrity in SDLC.
- Manage and maintain integrations with TMS for clear reporting.
Your objectives for your first 6 months
- Establish yourself as a leader and SME in automation testing area.
- Fully integrate all automation tests and reporting across specified environments.
- Improve, extend and maintain base frameworks with new modules and library versions.
- Achieve high automation coverage for all layers and components of the applications.
- Facilitate cross-training within the QA team to broaden the team’s overall breadth of knowledg
Why join the K&C team and this project?
- German IT company with HQ in Munich
- 23 years history
- Competitive compensation;
- Talented team without hierarchies
- 20 workdays of vacation per year, 15 days of paid sick leave;
- Fulltime remote work possible; as is being based in one of our offices in Kyiv, Krakow, Sofia, Baku or Sulaimaniya if you prefer an office environment or hybrid
- flexible working schedule
Sounds interesting? We are excited to get to know you!
If you have any questions you would like to ask or if there is any additional information you would like to receive, please feel free to get in touch via either [email protected] or the contact form at the bottom of this page.